Monday, August 24, 2009

what a coincidence! haha :D Exams are over and holiday is here! Just a week =( Oh well, i'm going to enjoy myself to the fullest!

There is a book that someone read recently at a bookstore, and talked to me about how some prayers are answered and some are not, it got me thinking about double mindedness.In the book, it was stating that person A feels anxious/worried before praying and person A STILL feels anxious/worried after praying. So my response was that it is not being totally reliant on God, praying with double-mindedness. We have to be clear of what we want in life and ask accordingly.

James 1:5-8 (MSG) If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

I'm thankful to my leaders (zoe & jme) who taught me to pray through, not praying with repetitions but to pray until i feel there's a breakthrough, until i sense the peace in my heart, until i no longer feel anxious/ worried about the thing that was on my mind, knowing that God will take care of it. It is one of those things that i will remember for a life time, thank you my leaders (:

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT) Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

so yups! (: that's my thoughts about double mindedness! I didn't mean to be too religious by quoting and all but these verses just came into my mind. thanks for reading! (: